Keto Avocado Soup: Instapot or Crock Pot Express
- I am an Amazon affiliate and will suggest the products that I use. These products are the extra fun tools I love to have in my kitchen, and would only suggest if I have used it. I LOVE my tools, too bad there is no tool belt for all the gadgets I love! 🙂
- I am a nurse, so any time saving tool is a must for me in the kitchen.
- Living a keto lifestyle, it is imperative that you prep meals for the week, or a few days. This prevents you from sabotaging all the work you have done when hunger strikes and you want that burger from McDonalds. Instead, you will have a side of bacon, or a piece of celery with almond butter, or a fat bomb ready to fight that urge.
- Keto is about nutrition, you will find that you are consuming a lot of good nutritious heart healthy fiber, heart healthy oils/fats, and eating avocados can greatly decrease you risk of heart disease/ strokes. They are a super fruit to your health. I hope that you enjoy this soup, as much as I did. I currently have Keto Cubed Steak (Stroganoff style) in the pot. 20mins and it will be done! No more cooking for 8 hrs!! What a TIME-SAVER!!!! 🙂
So get in that KITCHEN and get to work.
I LOVE listening to Pandora when I cook. It is so relaxing to here a jam that comes on and lose yourself in your thoughts, or singing, or dancing. One of my FAVORITE stations to listen to is ‘FRENCH CAFE’ on Pandora. Try it out, and see if you like it!!
It is like you are in a café. So very relaxing!!
Cheers to happy COOKING!!! 🙂
Cooking time: 20mins
2 tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. cumin
Keto Cream of Chicken Soup:
1 8 Oz. package of cream cheese (do not buy the “less fat” but full fat)
1/2 stick of butter (Kerry Gold- is my favorite)
1-2 tbsp. garlic powder
1-2 tbsp. celery salt
1-2 tbsp. thyme
*I say 1-2 because it depends on your taste, that’s what cooking is all about, right? I did make it with only 1 tbsp. each and it still tasted like cream cheese.
- Melt together in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes and mix in your seasonings. It is really good, and you won’t even miss the fact that it doesn’t have chicken 😉 But, all the flavors of a broth!!!
Sour cream drizzle sauce:
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
lime juice (optional)
I made this recipe with my Crock-Pot Express. You can tweek it if needs to work with other brands, but it should work the same.
- Dice onion and garlic. Press the “SAUTE button, then press the “START BUTTON” on your pot. Make sure its on “HIGH”, click “Start” again. Remember to read the directions of your pot if you are unsure of how to use. Sautee onions, garlic, and cumin until onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile, while cooking, you can mix your “Keto Cream of Chicken Soup” together.
- Once onions are ready, add in your “soup” mixture. You will Sauté for 10minutes until boiling, to thicken mixture.
- Turn off your pot. Let cool in the pot. Once cooled add in the avocados and use your immersion blender to mix mixture. You really don’t want to skip this step, you can but it will leave you eating soup that is full of small diced onions. No-body has time for that! 😉
- Serve in a bowl. Drizzle sour cream and whipping cream mixture, add some fresh cilantro if you’d like. Eat away!
Calories: 666 per serving
Carbs: 12g (Net Carbs- 6) 12-6=6
- Dietary Fiber- 6g
- Sugar 4 0 mostly from the onion
Protein: 6 g
Vitamin A: 39%
Vitamin C: 18%