Keto Bone Broth- Pressure Cooker Style
Homemade bone broth is beneficial to your health and is loaded with heart healthy fats, minerals, collagen, and various others to support the health of your body. Fighting the flu or cold viruses? Bone broth is an excellent source to improve your immune system.
I have made bone broth in the slow cooker several times, but with the recent addition of my new pressure cooker I needed and wanted to speed up that process. There was little to no information regarding making bone broth with a pressure cooker. I was confused for awhile and needed to figure out how exactly long I needed to cook the broth.
Bone broth requires a long cooking process in order to obtain all the great nutrients that are extracted from the bones, etc. and it needs to simmer for a good 24-48 hrs. The pressure cooker saved me all that time, and produced an awesome couple of batches of gelatinous, fatty, mineral, and collagen filled, slurp with your spoon goodness. 🙂
Before I go on, I am an affiliate and will suggest products I use, such as the pressure cooker! I do receive some money if you buy a product I suggest. For further info, please read disclosure.
This is the pressure cooker I bought and now love!
Keto Bone Broth- Pressure Cooker
Cook homemade bone broth in your pressure cooker.
- 1 large onion yellow or white with skin on. just rinse before use
- 3 stalks celery
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 lb ox tail bones I purchased these in the frozen section at my local Publix. It was awesome! They had a group of bones, frozen just for cooking.
- 1.5 lb rib eye steak
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar helps draw out the bones nutrients
1. Set your oven to 450. You will roast your ox tails. I did not do this the first time, and really believe that it adds flavor to your broth. Season with salt and pepper, and roast for 15-20 mins.
2. Salt and Pepper your rib-eye and sear both side until brown while ox tails roast.
3. Once done, add ox tails, rib eye, and all the other ingredients to your pressure cooker. Make sure to leave skin on for your onion. This will help give your broth that rich color.
4. Once filled, you will add FILTERED water either until the cookers "fill line" or until your bones are covered.
5. Press the "soup" button. This, I found was a generic button you can use. Set it to "high" and cook for 2 hours. Make sure to lock the lid. Follow the safety directions according to your pressure cooker!! Make sure your pressure valve is closed as well. And, set it, and wait. That is all!
6. Once the 2 hr timer is up, allow it to slow release and cool down, or if in a hurry, take a kitchen utensil and release the valve. Do not use your hand!
7. You will have an amazing broth you can eat today!
8. Drain the broth very carefully using a strainer. Once drained, you can add all those bones , etc, add the same amount of ingredients again, more water, and you will have another batch in 2 more hours!
Hope you have enjoyed this Keto Broth recipe! I look forward to seeing your results and hope this has helped!
If you would like more information, find more in my Ketogenic Lifestyle menu.